LASIK surgery is an effective surgical procedure that helps correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. It can eliminate the need for contacts or glasses and is very successful for most patients. However, LASIK is not ideal for everyone and you must first decide if you are a good candidate. Here are 12 signs that you are an ideal candidate for LASIK:
- Your Troubles Are Moderate: If you have severe astigmatism, LASIK may not be for you.
- Your Prescription Is Stable: Check to ensure this hasn’t changed over a two year span.
- You Know it Won’t be Perfect: Even after LASIK, you may still have to wear glasses in certain situations
- Your Activities do not Include Blows to the Face: MMA fighters need not apply.
- You Don’t Have Dry Eye: While dry eye syndrome doesn’t necessarily rule you out as a LASIK candidate, Dr. Walton may need to treat the condition before you move forward with your procedure.
- You Don’t Have Blepharitis: Blepharitis can lead to infection and other complications.
- Your Eye Problems are Not Severe: You have no ulcers, glaucoma or other serious issues.
- You Have Money to Pay for It: Most insurance premiums do not cover LASIK and you may have to pay out of pocket.
- You Don’t Have Pre-Existing Illnesses: Illnesses like diabetes and HIV can complicate and prolong recovery.
- Your Pupils Are Normal Size: Larger pupils can make the surgery more difficult
- You Are Not Breastfeeding or Pregnant: You will need to wait until you are done breastfeeding in order to move forward with your procedure.
- You’re Over 18: LASIK is not FDA-approved for individuals under the age of 18.
Please contact Dr. Chris Walton using the form on this page or call 251-341-3385 today to schedule your free LASIK consultation. We serve patients in Pensacola, Florida, Mobile, Alabama and throughout the Gulf Coast region.