What is Visian ICL?
While LASIK is the most popular refractive surgery option, it isn't right for everyone. Fortunately, there are many other options that can help you restore clear vision if you're not a LASIK candidate. One of the most effective alternatives is Visian ICL.
Visian ICL is an implantable collamer lens that is inserted into your eye in order to improve your vision. It functions similarly to a contact lens, but it is permanently placed inside your eye in order to provide long term results and eliminate the hassles associated with removing and cleaning contact lenses on a daily basis.
The best way to find out whether Visian ICL is the right LASIK alternative for you is to speak with Dr. Chris Walton in person. Please call (251) 250-0668 today to schedule a free consultation at our office in Mobile, Alabama.
How Visian ICL Works
The Visian ICL is surgically inserted into your eye and placed between your iris and your eye's natural lens. It performs the same functions as your eyeglasses or contact lenses -- it bends light so that it will focus properly on your retina.
The Visian ICL procedure is similar to the procedure used to replace your eye's natural lens with an artificial intraocular lens during cataract surgery. However, Visian ICL is a "phakic" lens, which means your natural lens will remain in your eye after the procedure.
The entire procedure is completed in about 15 minutes. The implanted lens won't be visible to others, and you won't be able to feel it inside your eye. Most importantly, there is no special daily maintenance required.
You should notice a vast improvement in your vision immediately after surgery, and you should be able to resume normal activities the next day.
Visian ICL Benefits
The Visian ICL offers several important benefits, including:
- Improved distance vision -- Clinical studies found that 95% of patients achieved 20/40 vision or better after their procedure.
- Wide treatment range -- Visian ICL can treat patients with myopia (nearsightedness) ranging from -3.00 diopters to - 20.00 diopters, the widest treatment range of any refractive surgery option.
- Effective LASIK alternative -- Visian ICL is a great option if you can't undergo LASIK due to thin corneas or dry eyes.
- UV protection -- You receive some protection from harmful UV rays due to the collagen material used in the Visian ICL. However, you should still always wear sunglasses to provide additional protection from sun damage.
- Short healing time -- The Visian ICL is foldable, allowing Dr. Walton to use a very small incision when inserting the lens in your eye. This small incision reduces recovery time.
Am I a Candidate for Visian ICL?
Ideal candidates for Visian ICL meet the following criteria:
- Between age 21 and 45
- Have healthy eyes
- Are not pregnant
Please contact Dr. Chris Walton today to schedule your free Visian ICL consultation. We serve patients in Mobile, Alabama, and the nearby Gulf Coast area.