If you are considering cataract eye surgery in Pensacola, there are several things you should consider. Cataract surgery involves the permanent removal of the natural lens of the eye, so it should be undertaken only after weighing all the options.
There are several reasons you may be considering cataract eye surgery. Each person is different, but common cataract symptoms include:
- Decreased vision that has made it difficult to read fine print or even street signs
- Foggy vision where everything seems to be in a haze
- Halos around lights that make it hard to see at night in order to drive
- Glare in brightly lit environments
- Difficulty reading
- Reduced ability to enjoy hobbies like golfing, sewing or crosswords
- Vision problems that make it hard to do your job
If you are having a hard time going about the routines of your daily life because of your cataracts, it may be time to consider surgery. Many people find that they can adjust to their cataracts for some time with the help of glasses, but over time cataracts generally worsen. Cataract surgery will replace your clouded natural lens with an artificial introcular lens, restoring clear vision.
The best way to find out if you are a candidate for cataract eye surgery is to have an examination and consultation with Dr. Chris Walton in person. During your consultation, Dr. Walton will discuss all of your options with you and advise you as to whether now is the right time for cataract eye surgery.
Please contact Dr. Chris Walton using the form on the right side of the page or call 251-341-3385 today to schedule your cataract surgery consultation. Dr. Walton serves patients in Mobile, Alabama, Pensacola, Florida, and throughout the Gulf Coast region.