Laser eye surgery is a customizable procedure using advanced technology to correct vision issues. If you’re tired of wearing eyeglasses or contact lenses, LASIK could help you achieve your ideal vision.
Before undergoing the procedure, it’s important to know what to expect from LASIK surgery. Light sensitivity in the eyes, medically known as photophobia, is a potential side effect of LASIK. Symptoms of this condition include:
- Inability to look directly at light sources without squinting or closing your eyes
- Discomfort or burning sensation in the eyes
- Watery eyes due to excessive tear production
If you experience photophobia after LASIK surgery, Dr. Walton will assess your symptoms and make treatment recommendations. These treatment options could include:
- Eye drops, which can soothe dry eyes and reduce irritation
- Wearing a hat and/or sunglasses to protect the eyes from direct sunlight
- In extreme cases, special contact lenses can modify the amount of light entering the eye
To learn more about what to expect from LASIK surgery, please contact Dr. Chris Walton using the form on the right side of the page or call 251-341-3385 today to schedule a consultation. We serve patients in Mobile, Alabama, Pensacola, Florida, and throughout the Gulf Coast region.