LASIK is one of the most popular vision correction surgery techniques available. During your procedure, an excimer laser is used to reshape your cornea in order to improve your vision. LASIK eye surgery can correct just about any refractive vision error, including:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
While LASIK surgery can provide life-changing benefits, it isn't right for everyone. The best way to find out if you're a candidate for LASIK is to speak with Dr. Chris Walton in person. Please call 251-581-7484 today to schedule a free LASIK consultation and diagnostic exam.
If you're not a good candidate for LASIK eye surgery, there are many other refractive surgery options, such as PRK, that can achieve comparable results to LASIK. Dr. Walton will recommend the ideal treatment plan for you during your consultation at our Mobile, Alabama office.
Benefits of LASIK Surgery
By far, the greatest benefit of LASIK eye surgery is a dramatic improvement of your vision. The results will be permanent, making this a lifelong improvement.
Imagine what life would be like if you didn't have to wear glasses or contact lenses anymore:
- You can see your alarm clock clearly when you wake up every morning
- You can travel without a bulky bag of contact lens solution
- You can enjoy a day at the beach without having to constantly clean your glasses
- Your performance in athletic activities will be much better with crisp vision
However, your benefits don't end with the conveniences associated with independence from corrective lenses. LASIK surgery also helps restore better peripheral vision. The procedure is completed in a matter of minutes, and you will experience minimal downtime and a rapid recovery.
In addition, when you factor the costs associated with glasses and contacts over a lifetime compared with the cost of your LASIK procedure, you'll realize how much money you save in the long run.
To learn more about your LASIK procedure, please read the following pages:
A Truly Customized LASIK Procedure with the Most Advanced Technology
Dr. Walton uses the Allegretto Wave® laser, the most advanced laser available in this country, for all of his LASIK eye surgery procedures. As a result, all ablations are customized, ensuring your procedure is tailored to address your unique refractive vision errors.
There are many benefits to having LASIK performed using the Allegretto Wave laser:
- The Allegretto Wave laser is Wavefront-implemented within its system. This provides for 3D mapping of your eye, which creates greater customization of your procedure and ensures the highest levels of safety and precision.
- The Allegretto Wave laser is also about 3-4 times faster than other lasers used with LASIK, and touch-up rates are less than 1% of all cases.
- 100% of Dr. Walton's patients have achieved 20/20 vision or better using the Allegretto Wave laser. This success rate is vastly better than the national average of 89%.
When you work with Dr. Walton, you become a patient for life. He will always take care of your other vision needs as they arise down the road.
Please contact Dr. Chris Walton today to schedule your free LASIK eye surgery consultation and diagnostic exam. We serve patients in Mobile, Alabama, and the nearby Gulf Coast area.