LASIK provides a great way to see the world, so to speak. When you no longer have to depend on glasses or contact lenses for clear vision, you may feel more free. Corrective lenses are an inconvenience, not only for travel but for your daily life. Imagine waking up in the morning with clear vision as soon as you open your eyes.
Have you ever heard about the benefits of being a tourist in your own town? Sometimes, as residents of Mobile, we forget about the sights, scenes and experiences our great region offers. Below, we’ve outlined just a few of the endless opportunities that you may find more enjoyable after LASIK.
See Your Home State with Fresh Eyes
Mobile in particular is rich historically and culturally. Our state and region also offers a wealth of opportunities for adventurous outdoor recreationalists, as well as history buffs, museum fans and foodies. Believe it or not, you may find all of these things more enjoyable after LASIK, when you don’t have to worry about accessing your glasses or contact lenses before you can see them.
1. Tour Mobile’s historic districts. Downtown Mobile includes several historic districts, marked by beautiful architecture. Imagine strolling the roads and neighborhoods with clear vision after LASIK, no lenses required. Check out one or more of the following districts:
- De Tonti Square
- Oakleigh Garden District
- Old Dauphin Way
- Church Street
- Ashland Place
- Midtown Mobile
2. Hit the trail in Cheaha State Park. Outdoor opportunities abound in the Gulf Coast! Mobilians are active, outdoorsy people, and getting outside after LASIK can be truly life-enhancing. So far, 100 percent of patients treated with Allegretto laser technology by Dr. Chris Walton have achieved 20/20 vision or better. Imagine the views with these results. Although there are so many places you can go, we recommend Cheaha State Park for a multi-day trip. Located near Delta, this nearly 3,000 acre park includes the highest point in Alabama. You’ll be rewarded with sweeping views of the surrounding Talladega National Forest. The fall is also a great time to go, when the leaves turn various hues of orange, red, gold and yellow.
3. Go to Battleship Memorial Park in Mobile. See a WWII era battleship and several other vessels. The battleship is a National Historic Landmark.
4. Tour the National Maritime Museum of the Gulf of Mexico. Called GulfQuest, this sprawling riverfront museum has tons of interactive exhibits. And the exhibits are housed within a full-size container ship inside the building!
5. Try one of the city’s restaurants. Fancy yourself a foodie, or do you simply love great food? Mobile has a wide range of restaurants with an array of cuisines. Get fresh seafood, Japanese food, barbecue, oysters and so much more. Don’t forget – eating great food isn’t just about taste, it’s also about sight. Seeing a beautifully presented dish can be just as important as tasting it.
Ready to take the Next Step?
If you’ve been considering LASIK in the Gulf Coast area and are ready to take the next step, please call the practice of experienced Mobile ophthalmologist Dr. Chris Walton at 251-341-3385. We look forward to arranging a consultation for you so you can find out if LASIK is the right way to free yourself from the hassles of glasses and contact lenses.